Thursday 12 January 2012

I think I will stop making jewellery ...

So tell me what this means - for over 25 years I have been making jewellery.  I can sell to Europe and the US but I can't sell to wearers in the UK.  No one wants to wear a stunningly beautiful beaded cuff or a lace and beads necklace/collar here.  I also sell cabochons and 90% of my sales go overseas.  I do sell cabochons to UK beaders but these wonderful and exciting jewellery designers are so few and far between that I can name them!  You know who you are and I LOVE you!  Thank you for being my customers xxxxx

I will still be designing and making but not jewellery - I am going to concentrate on my art.  Art?  Well, fabric and bead art .. I guess that will go abroad too.  Someone. PLEASE tell me why the UK buyer doesn't want to wear anything "different".  I have given it a damn good try .. 25 years of trying ... it just doesn't happen here.  Very sad ...

No comments:

Post a Comment